Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sudden death of father

Bec

• Members

Hi, my dad suddenly passed away a week ago today and I'm hurting so much, I cried for a week and now I'm not crying but just feeling depressed. My mum has leukemia aswell and my brother has depression and I'm so scared because I have to look after them now and without my dad here it's so hard. how do I deal with grief? I don't know how to act or what to do. If I go out somewhere to distract myself or if I laugh I feel bad like I'm just forgetting that he died if that makes sense. I was close to my dad and I'm so lost. Extended family have helped but they can't be with us 24/7. Does anyone have any advice as to how to get through it? I'm 27 yrs old aswell. 

• Members

Hi Bec 

firstly I would like to say how sorry I am for the loss of your dad I know only to well what your going through I lost my dad 3 weeks ago to a heart attack he basically went to work like normal but never came home! I went to the doctors because im not really eating or sleeping and was told he can't give me anything to help coz sleeping tablets will block the grief out so you just have to go through the emotions and ride it basically it must be hard to have to look after your mum and brother but please remember that you have to look after yourself as well dont feel bad for laughing or having a good day just sit back and think would your dad want you to be sad or happy! I know I don't know you but I am here for you if you need to talk big hugs to you xx

Archived