Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing My Mom

Missingneecee

• Members
Missingneecee

Hello, My name is Libby. My two sisters and I lost our mom/ best friend on October 25th. Its been a month today and I am just as up set as the day she left us. 

My mom was my best friend. My husband and I have been taking care of her the past 15 years of her drug and alcohol addiction. She was a very happy, loving and wonderful person outside the addiction. On August 21 I took her to the hospital and she was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. She was admitted and spend 22 days there. She was finally sober! The next month or so she was in and out of the hospital. Until the day came.  I laid my lips on her forehead as she took her last breath. She was only 62

What am I going to do without her? I am so lost!!!!

• Members

Hugs Libby ... I am so sorry for your loss.  It's only been a month, this is still so raw and it takes time to heal.  You are always going to miss your dear mom but in time your heavy heart will lift.  Hang in there and go with the flow of tears when they come.  Tears really are healing.  Something that helped me get through the loss of both of my parents was knowing in my heart that they would want me to get through the grief and try to live a good life until we meet again ... and we will meet again.  May you be blessed during this difficult time with comfort.

take care

Cindy Jane

Archived