Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My cat died, he was very young and there was medicine out there that could have healed him

antistes

• Members

I didn't know about the medicine and from what i can tell i wouldn't be able to get it in time. but the thought is killing me, there is a woman working on this medication and somehow vets don't know about it, don't work with her, i'm so angry at her for not trying harder, maybe if she would, this medicine would be a norm by now and he could have lived.

he was so young :( he had no symptoms prior to his thromboembolism... he only managed to hold on for about 26h.. i was dealing so much better before i found out about this medicine... 

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss.  Sometimes we attach anger to something because we just feel so angry about the loss...and that is understandable.  The same could be said for why don't we have cures for cancer, they can surely do it, but for political reasons or financial reasons it isn't available to us.  I don't know.  The greatest loss in the world is the one you're experiencing.
Do you have a picture you could share with us?

• Members
ScootersMommy

Antistes, I'm so sorry about your Baby. :( 

We all tend to feel guilty about some aspect of the passing of our babies. I know for me, thoughts about different medicines I could have tried run through my head, or maybe if I had taken him to a different vet, or had tried his different supplements sooner would have made him better. I think it's just part of the grieving process. At least take comfort that in his short life, he knew and felt love. 

I'm right there, grieving with you and totally understand how you're feeling right now. *hugs* to you!

Archived