Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dad

I miss u dad

• Members

I'm having a hard time coping with the loss of my dad this past August 2016. He didnt get to make it to his 60th birthday in Oct. Any words to help me get through would be greatly appreciated :(...

I miss u dad more than words can say, as the tears roll down my face, I would want more than anything in the world to see u again.

• Members

Hugs ... I am so sorry for your loss.  When I lost my parents I had a hard time coping as well and I figured out why.  You are having a hard time coping because of the great love that you have for your dad.  In thinking about this, I can't help but to think about how grateful I am to have had that love in my life and that is what makes it so darn hard.  BUT, I would rather have had a hard time coping than not have that love with my parents.  Not sure if that makes any sense.  I do know people who didn't have a strong connection or a lot of love with a parent and seemed to get over their loss pretty quickly.  

You are always going to miss your dad but as time goes by, you will think of him and be so grateful to have had him for your dad.  Hang in there and let the tears flow because every one of them says how much you love him.

Cindy Jane 

• Members

It is so hard when a memorable date comes around. Try to remember your Dad happy on what would have been his birthday and hold his love in your heart. He will always be in there. No hugs I can say will make it easier but know that you are not alone. 

Hugs to you. Xo

• Members

Hello , 

My names Danni and I'm from London (UK) 

Firstly I want to reach out to you , I too have lost my father.

My dad died suddenly 4 days after  his 45th birthday leaving myself aged (25) at the time and my two younger brothers aged 21 and 14 at the time. 

He felt no pain and died of a cardiac arrest in our family home with myself and my brother around him. 

This was July 2015 and I myself still feel as raw as the day he died . 

My advice to you would be to not try and get through this as everyday is a new day and grief comes in waves some big some small but once that wave for the day has come it's over with .

Your Dad is your hero and your world you have him right inside your heart a piece of him is in this earth plane forever and eternity because of you and the rest of your family. 

Try to remember the good and bad times because I promise even the bad times count as good memories now. 

Christmas and Birthdays will never be the same try not to make yourself anxious and just go with the flow after all it's just one day . 

You will never be the same again for a light switched off the day you lost your Daddy.

i hope this make sense . 

All my love from a girl who lost her daddy her best friend xxx 

Archived