Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I can't move forward. It hurts

furangel

• Members

Hey guys. I really don't know what to say. I lost my best friend four months ago. TESSA 1999-2016. She was 17 a border collie and always been there since I can remember. We had to send her to heaven due to lumps and general old age really. She had such a happy life and I know her age was amazing. But I still cry at least twice a day. I just can't seem to move forward. I just keep crying to my dh saying I'd do anything for one more moment with her. When will it get easier? I really can't cope. I don't know what I'm asking or saying but just need to vent I guess thanks for reading xxxx

2016-05-11 21.18.08.jpg

• Moderators

I'm so sorry, she looks like a real sweetheart.  I used to wrap my Lucky in a blanket like that too, I'd ask her, "Do you want tucked in?"  I did that with her every night.  It's so hard losing them, they are so loving, so sweet, it'd be impossible not to miss them.  It takes a long time to adjust to life without them, but even so, the missing them continues, even years afterwards, at least it has with me.  I wish comfort and peace for you.

• Members

She is beautiful.  If I could ever have my dream dog it would be a Border Collie.  Deeply saddened by your loss!  My Gracie died Oct 26 and I terribly lonely without her.

• Moderators

forhim7,

I know it's hard, I'm sorry..I know the pain continues as we struggle to adjust to this life of missing them.  (((hugs)))

• Members
ScootersMommy

furangel, I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet & beautiful Tessa. :( We too have a Border Collie named Lola. They are so smart and devoted.

I can't tell you how long the grief will last because I'm just shy of a week in of losing my beloved kitty, Scooter who was with me for 18 years. I would give anything to scratch his ears, or kiss his belly once again. They are an integral part of our lives, and they burrow deep into our hearts. There's a saying..."Where there is deep grief, there was great love." and that is wholeheartedly true. I try to comfort myself about thinking of his happy, long life with me. I love him with all of my heart, and I showed him that everyday. He never had to wonder where his next meal was coming from, or if he was going to have to sleep alone, or try to find shelter somewhere. He never had to worry about being neglected or abused. I'm sure Tessa had the same wonderful life. No one could have ever loved her as much as you do. 

I'm trying to remain positive that time will help ease the grief. I haven't left the house since last Friday, because I don't feel as though I can keep my composure out in public, but, I've been able to look at pictures of him now without completely losing it. The first couple of days, I couldn't handle it at all, so I'm hoping that means I'm making some sort of progress. 

I'm so sorry that you are having to experience this pain. People who don't have pets just don't understand the heartache, which is why it's nice to find a forum like this one of people who love their furbabies to the same capacity that we do. *hugs* to you, and prayers for you to find peace and comfort.

Archived