Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hello

Just Jackie

• Members

My name is Jackie, I lost my husband January 21, he was the love of my life, my soulmate, my business partner.

I am now the sole proprietor of a bar and a deli.
I have one daughter who is 19. and 4 wonderful adult stepchildren, who unfortunately, live out of state.

I don't even know where to begin, I feel lost and lonely and overwhelmed. 

And sad, so sad and angry and tired.

• Moderators

We know, Jackie, you're not totally alone any more, we're here.  We may not be able to change anything but we can listen and understand and care.  I bet you do feel tired, this takes its toll.

• Members

Hello Dear Jackie - just to back up the wisdom of KayC - now you have found this site I hope you find the comfort that I have found here 39 days after losing my love, soul-mate and world.  I try to write something everyday - not just here but on my love's tribute website or just lying in bed - a love letter.  Just to get the volcano of emotions out for that one minute or, if I'm lucky one hour of feeling.  We are all here together; tragically; but together.  I hope you continue to visit.  Wishes of strength to you and everyone here. xxx

• Members

Hi Jackie, I am about the same time in my grief as you. I feel for you. It's horrible. I don't know whether it's because a year is approaching but does it feel worse for you? Just let it out here. Whatever you want to say. I've only been here a few days and it's good to have people who really understand the pain. In real life friends and family, unless have been through it they just don't know. I've found some solace here, hope you do to. 

Archived