Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my Dad

fayesgirl

• Members

Well, here goes I hope this helps..

I came home to help with my dad after his 2nd stroke.  My dad and I are very close and have always been.  He called me on a weekend night asking me to come home.  So, I left my job after 16 years and started over again to come home to help with my family.  My dad at the end had a total of 4 strokes and 2 heartattacks, renal failure, kidney failure and a list another mile long.  If you looked at my daddy you would have never known he was sick.  He was always strong with the will to live no matter the cost.  I live right across the street from my mom and dad, he passed away on November 15th 2009.  I held his hand as I told him Daddy it okay if you have to leave I promise that I will take care of mommy!  Then he took his last breathe and i have been a mess ever since. 

I am not sure that I was ready for what I have ahead of me without him in my life.  It was in and out of the hospital for years and nights of not sleeping helping mommy with dad.  I never thought he would really ever leave although he was so sick.  He lost alot of the memory he had of day to day functions but always knew me without me saying a word.  Today was so hard when it was just me and mom at the table eating without daddy.

He is the greatest daddy in the world and I miss him so much.  I would give anything to hear him say ..... Hello sissy come in here and get a cup of coffee and take the load off your feet.. I love you.......

I think I have finally reached my breaking point, losing my dad was half of my life.  I have so many things I need to ask him, so many things I have to do, My mom misses him so much 38 years not a week apart, What do I do now, 

I miss my dad.......... 

:(

post-39963-128153896152_thumb.jpg

• Members

My heart goes out to you, I know it hurts, I lost my dad 4 years ago almost.  He died of cancer and I took care of him, he died in my arms and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. 

Only time will help, it won't heal, and it is ok to cry.  We all do, we all handle our loss in different ways so go ahead and feel what you need to.  I like to think that our dads are watching us as they did before.  I know I make mistakes and I like to think each time I learn something it is due to him.

My prayers go up to the heavens tonight and I hope you find some peace. 

There is an empty space at the table but it is  never empty in my heart.

hugs

Leah

• Members

Thank you, I never thought he would leave us.  I love my daddy so much all I do is cry.  I appreciate all the kind and caring words.  I hope are daddys find each other. 

Hugs back for you and your daddy

Billie Sue

• Members

Hi Fayesgirl,

I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet dad.  My father died suddenly on 9 September this year and I still can't believe he is gone.  Some days I am more functional than others but it seems like everything has shifted in my world and I don't know how to get back to feeling complete again.

My mother is in her 70s and so we kids are having to help her with everything that my dad managed before--finances, home repairs, yardwork etc. She is very worried about the most minute things and I have to really work to be patient as I help her with paperwork and bank stuff. It seems like forever ago that she and I had time to just talk and laugh about things. I guess it will happen in time, but I miss dad, and I miss my old mom. 

Wishing everyone here some peace and positive energy for the holidays ahead.   

• Members

Thank you,  I am sorry for your loss and it seems our fathers had alot in common.  My daddy did alot of everything but the house stuff, my mommy is only 59 daddy was 64 when he passed. I have a brother that well, has done nothing to help me or my mom.  I have had to deal with all of it to help my mommy.  I am glad I can help my mom thru this, but every Sunday is getting harder.  I would give anything to know he is okay and that I am not messing things up. 

It is nice to hear all the kind words and I hope your mom will find comfort in that You and your famly are there to help her.  Although in her heart she is missing your daddy, more then we could ever imagine.  

Lots of hugs to you and your mommy

• Members

Loss of my Dad the Memories are endless.  Tears fall daily and my heart hurts for my mother.  I know it is life...Life without my hero, best friend, daddys girl is almost well hard to bare some days... I love you daddy!  I am taking care of mom the best way I can! 

post-39963-128153897632_thumb.jpg

• Members
deathofanangel

I know how you feel. I am 16 and my dad passed away when i was 13 just a couple of weeks before my birthday. it hurt so much. i didn't even want a birthday! it doesnt stop hurting but it gets masked with other things. i hope you are ok.  if yuo need anything just ask :D  x

• Members

Thank you.  I am sorry for your loss!  I know he is in heaven watching down, but wish i could have one more day... at 13 I am sure it will be one of the hardest things you will ever have to go thru in life!  Hugs to you and your family.  We will see them again, and that will be a day to remember!

Lots of love,

Billie Sue

• Members

I love you Daddy!  I will continue to be there for mom~ We are in church every Sunday, mom has ruff days... we miss you soooo much!  We love you ~ I will see you one day... till then wait for me....

post-39963-128153898229_thumb.jpg

• Members
deathofanangel

Thank you. I really do hope i can see him again. i loved him so much and as people would say i was 'his girl' i clung onto everything he said.

Lots of love.

xx

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.- Facebook and Twitter Integration- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it. - Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible. 

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other. 

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com

Kelly Baltzell, MACEO/PresidentBeyond Indigo Family

Archived