Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my dad's dying and i'm 15

skylar bundick

• Members
skylar bundick

I'm 15 and a few months ago in March my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer. within the last 8 months I've moved, switched schools, and pretty much have lost all my friends. I miss my dad so much the person he is now really isn't him. I feel like this wasn't fair because he was such a great person, he was loving and caring and even saved someone's life before. I wish everything could go back to the way it was before he got sick. my dads neurosurgeon told us about a week ago that the cancer is back again and we can have him go through another surgery or just stick to chemotherapy. I know he's getting weaker and he doesn't have much longer to live. he's always telling us he wants to die and that he's miserable and that breaks my heart so bad. I know he's gonna die really soon and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for how to cope with this now and after he passes. 

• Members

Skylar, 

I am so very sorry this has happened to your father and your family. You deal with it now by spending as much time as you can with him. Tell him you love him. You also talk about how you feel with your mom and other relatives. Don't be afraid to cry and be upset. You deal when he passes by crying and talking about how you feel and about him. Talking is the very best way to heal. 

Keep us informed about how you are doing. We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Skylar, 

I too am only 14, my dad was Diagnosed with Stage 4 Brain Cancer 2 months ago. He declined all treatment and passed away this past week. I find myself often being sad for him (the fact he'll never be at my wedding...) but then I ask why? He is out of pain, in heaven, and so much happier. I've noticed that good always comes out of bad. I've become so much closer with my family because of this. Embrace this opportunity to get closer. To help me I have started writing letters to my dad saying what I've been up to and it helps a lot. 

*look up John 13:7 It's really helped me... Always remember this is just a snapshot of God's plan for you and there's a greater plan out there*

Hope your doing well

-MK02002

• Members
MollieMcDoodlesMom

I know it's been several months since these were posted , but I just wanted to offer this free reading material that we provide to persons in our community who are mourning the death of a loved one . There is no obligation or cost involved . Please, feel free to reply . Hopefully I can connect with you and have a one on one conversation at a time that is best for you .

Sincerely,

Frances

https://www.jw.org/finder?pub=we&wtlocale=E&srcid=share

Archived