Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So sudden . loss of my mum

Sunny-dee

• Members

My mum was the main link in our family ..she was my best friend ,she helped me through my cancer 3 years ago and in the space of an hour she was gone ....

I really don't understand how this can be .I was very close to my mum and so were my 2 children . my son now 23 spent more time with her than me and my daughter 14 was round there every day as we live close by . I don't think its actually hit home yet .. I feel so much pain n loss .. Will this ever ease ? Cause at the moment it seems to be getting worse as the days go by .

This happened on the 16 the November , she was so active and always took my grandson out (her great grandson ) he's 3 and in the space of an hour she was gone .

Don't know exactly what I want anyone to say just felt I had to get in touch with someone as I feel I am not coping too well. .. I have been to my drs . I just feel so much loss also I have never known a Christmas without being at my mum n dads n my mum cooking Christmas dinner how will we all get through this year . I know she did not suffer as it was so sudden her only pain would have been to leave the family . but ..WOW I feel so hurt ..x ... Any help comments suggestions will be. Gratefully received. Ta dee .x (I'm the baby of 3 of us ..in the white dress on the photo .

• Members
silverkitties

Sunny Dee, I am so sorry for the recent loss of your mother. And yes, it can be incredibly difficult around the holidays. I lost my mother in October 2014 but the holidays still hurt.

It takes a while for the pain to ease. It's generally been said that the first 6 months are the worst, but don't be surprised if it takes longer. The length and intensity of your grief is generally affected by the strength of your relationship with the person who has passed. For much of my life, my mom was my closest confidant; the fact that we lived in close proximity of one another these last 15 years intensified our bond such that when she died on October 14, 2014, I felt as though my life had been ripped apart. 

As for the holidays, don't worry if you don't feel like celebrating: after all, they will return next year! I've read on certain sites, though, that they can also serve as occasions for commemorations. Maybe put up a special ornament for your mom on the tree? Maybe have everyone discuss his/her favorite Xmas memory of mom or gift from he?

Archived