Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my beautiful funny brother

Philh73

• Members

I lost my beautiful funny brother very suddenly last week & I'm heartbroken but feel I should allow my parents & his wife & Young sons time to express their grief. I feel like I'm drowning I think of him constantly & the fact I didn't get to say goodbye is eating me up inside. Is it normal to feel guilty? Is it normal to cry constantly? It was so sudden & unexpected that I'm asking why him? I replay last Wednesday evening from getting the phone call & the following days over &over in my head. Please someone tell me this will get easier & I will feel less pain.

• Members

It sounds normal and healthy but it is important to know those feelings aren't rational the blaming yourself is likely not rooted in real fault but more just trying to not fully accept the loss. Your brother will be in peace now but you can help him now by trying to be in peace for him and stay strong. I know you miss him.

• Members

Don't maybe no one knew the right words to say. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry .I lost a brother too. I had details here but not one person replied and I feel silly for sharing now.

Archived