Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

For those of you who have lost

lydiaellejay

• Members

Hi LJ

Thanks so much for sharing your blog.  I found it so helpful in validating many of my feelings in losing my parents.  I especially like the letter to your dad.  In reading each section of your blog it also makes me feel like I'm not alone with so many of my feelings.  One thing is certain for me....nothing else in this life will ever sting as much as losing my parents.  Thanks again.

Cindy Jane

• Members

My mum died a terrible death 4 weeks ago, after a terribly long battle with COPD and Emphysema. I can't fully believe she is gone. I was worried I'd never dream of her but this week I did dream about her. I dreamt I found her sitting on the edge of her bed crying inconsolably and I put my arm around her and I said what's wrong mum, she said I'm crying because I've lost my mum, I said to her don't worry mum I will look after you from this life to the next. Her mum died 6 years ago. I was very upset when I woke up. I have been crying inconsolably for a few hours today. I'm going to go to sleep for an hour. It helps to write this down however I feel like I'm losing my mind.

• Members

Hi Karen001, I'm sorry for your loss. You are not losing your mind,it is so difficult this grief we must endure.I lost my mum to lung cancer in July and I feel I haven't even begun to deal with it.You have come to a very supportive place where all of us understand the pain.

Do you have family and friends around to support you? I have no one now only my ill brother, this is the only outlet I can talk with others.

It's a long journey but we are all here for each other.

Hugs to you

Lisa K

• Members

Hi Lisa thank you very much for thinking of me, you too must have moments of disbelief when you sit down for a minute because life is so busy when you say to yourself, did this really happen and how quickly life can be changed. I feel very tired today, I hope you had a good day today. Sending love and best wishes to you and your brother. Bye for now

• Members

Karen, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not the easiest thing in the world to lose a parent. I know all too well because my mom died from a massive stroke on March 13. To see when she had the stroke in the restroom when I found mom. She wheelchair bound. To hear that there is nothing more that the doctors can do. She would always be a vegetable even if she woke up. To moving mom to hospice. It seemed so unreal to me from the beginning to the end.

I know what you are going thru. It's been 8 months and it still hurts like hell. It helps me to come here and write and share what I feel. You can say anything you want and vent too. You will not be judged.

Best wished and HUGS to you.

Archived