Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom suddenly.

hearbrokenash

• Members
hearbrokenash

This Aug I lost my mom suddenly. She was sick for a few months, but her death was a shock and unexpected. I'm 25  years old and I was soon to be engaged and married. Now my mom is not going to be here for these things and it is really hard to accept that fact. I don't know what to do or feel. I want to give up on life because it's too hard to deal with this. 

I need some advice, anything will help me. 

-Ash

• Members

Ash, 

I am so very sorry about the loss of your mom. Sometimes, when I am struggling, I try to just sit and meditate and visualize my father--maybe sitting in his favorite chair or even visiting at my house. I try to imagine what he would say to me to help me through. I'm sure your mother loved you more than anything, and she would definitely tell you to keep moving forward. You may not be able to see her physically, but you will always have her in your heart, soul and mind. She is still with you! 

Have you considered some short term grief counseling? Many local funeral homes have grief groups to help loved ones get through. You may want to check one out. 

We will be with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Ash , sorry for your loss,there is nothing more painful.I lost my mum in july and understand the wanting to give up.

Do you have a good support system around you?There is no easy answers to get through this grief,it is one day at a time.

This forum is a great place to share your pain and reach out to others that know what you are going through.

I don't think anything prepares us for loss and everything that comes after.Come here and talk whenever you need ,everyone is so kind and supportive.

Hugs

Lisa

• Members

Hi Ash,

I'm so sorry for your loss and understand how much pain you are in. I lost my mom this last August. I am still trying to make sense of a senseless situation. I have always considered myself and been considered by my friends and family, an extremely strong person, and here I am falling apart. There were days that I also questioned the future. A life with such void and so much pain seemed impossible. My advice to you is to take one day at the time, surround yourself with people who love and care for you and find a support network to help you cope. I think that the hardest thing for me in getting through the motions is that I feel I am in it alone. Another thing that has been helpful for me, is to read. Educating yourself about the stages of grief and what each entails, reading how other people found comfort or reached acceptance, and realizing that it will eventually get better.

You have a whole life ahead of you! I know It's brutally unfair that your mother will not be there physically with you and that its devastating to think of the future without her in it, but I promise you that you will find happiness. You will find happiness with your new husband, and hopefully your own children and there's no limit to happiness and future joyous moments. I keep thinking of how sad my mom would have been if she knew how much turmoil and agony I'm going through since she passed, and it always encourages me to get stronger and find my peace. As I said, my moms death is the hardest thing I ever had to go through. But we must keep the hope and faith that we will find the strength to live our lives and find some way to contain the pain and allow happiness back in.

Archived