Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

2 sick parents

Babyrc13@aol.com

• Members
Babyrc13@aol.com

I'm currently a stay at home mommy of 2 beautiful children. I feel so blessed, but at the same time I feel so unlucky. My dad has had constant issues with his alpha 1 lung desease. Always in the hospital and won't quit smoking. As for my mom.... earlier this year she went in to get a cat scan because her shoulder was bugging her. She has a torn rotator cuff. That wasn't all they found out. Lung cancer. Out of f***ing no where, cancer. It all makes sense to me now. She's always complained about not feeling good. I would tell her, you need to go to the hospital. No, money is too tight.. They ran more test and it spread to her brain. They started chemo and radiation asap. She couldn't keep anything down after the second round of treatment, so she went to the hospital. It spread to her liver. They recommended to end treatment. I feel like I'm grieving everday. I cry, get so mad I want to scream, and im losing focus of what's infront of me. Why my mom? Why my dad? My mom takes care of my disabled uncle. After the fact, he is going to be living with us. My grandpa pasted of cancer, so my mom of course being the wonderful person she is took him in. I won't let her worry one bit about him, so we stepped up. I'm scared of the inevitable.. anxiety and stress is taking a toll on me... I'm seeking help before everything goes downhill, but I feel like I'm losing it... I hate seeing my mom like this.. and with my dad smoking, I barely see him because I won't let my kids around it. It's a rough situation to be put in...

• Members

Hi,

I am very sorry you are struggling with all of this, and I am so sorry about your mom's ordeal with cancer. You are smart in seeking help before things get out of control. The best way to help yourself is to not bottle things up--keep talking about how you feel because that's how you will get through this. 

Remember to take some time and just spent quality time with your mom. Continue to laugh with her, and of course, cry when you both need to. Spend as much time as you can with her. As far as your dad, can you meet in places where smoking is not allowed? Have him visit but don't allow smoking in your home? 

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Babyrc, I am deeply sorry for what you're going through. It is going to be a tough road ahead. Spent every minute with your mom because you will never get back the past with your mom. Love your mom. Love her till it hurts. Be there for her.

I'm glad you came here to share with us. Please come here to share your grief. This group is pretty good. We will listen to you and cry with you.

My best to you and you mom.

• Members
Babyrc13@aol.com

Thank you both.. sorry for the cursing. It is kind of hard at the moment, she is in Virginia visiting with my sister and her daughter. And whenever she gets back she plans on staying 3 hours away with her oldest daughter... My sister had went through cervical cancer and knows what she's going through. She's got past it though no more cancer. I did encourage my mom to stay with her because she seems less stressed and more relaxed. I am one of ten kids so its hard to get alone time with her especially with my situation. My two kids are all about mommy right now, so it's hard to get away and just spend time with her alone. I can't control the situation, I am all for whenever my mom wants to do as long as she's happy.

Archived