Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

missing my mom

solapuer26

• Members

my mother was killed in a car accident a little over a month ago. i was the driver. i cant remember anything. the reports say someone ran a light and pushed my car in the way of a truck. my car was wrecked. i heard so many people say they dont know how i made it out alive. i saw the pictures....i question the same...but i question even more why my mother didnt. i think back to that day everyday..it hurts that i cant remember anything...the only thing i remember is the fire department cutting me out my car and i turned and saw my mother laying there, unconscious..pinned under the truck. i feel lost and heartbroken...i feel angry. i miss my mother. i dream of her often. i wake up questioning reality...did this really happen?? is she really gone? why did this have to happen to us? my doctors want me to talk about it...so here i am, hoping for some kind of....idk....something... :(

• Members

Welcome to the club no one wants to be in. I was 16 on the Mothers Day my Mother collapsed due to a brain aneurysm. She died a week later. I thought I had accepted it until my Grandma died 5 years later due to a house fire. Guess that's kind of why I'm here...11 years later since Mom where the grief all really started. I think it's the suddenness that gets you. In a blink of an eye your whole life changes. Everything you ever knew just gone. So final and just can't face it. Your story brought tears to my eyes. I'm so very sorry that you went through all of that . I hope you find comfort here

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

My condolences to both of you...a sudden or accidental death is a trumatic experience. It can make you feel hopeless, or bring on feelings of guilt. A scripture that can help us to cope, or understand why bad things happen to good people is found at Eccl 9:11 which states "because time and unexpected events overtake them all." So sometimes we are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But does that mean we are doomed to a state of hopelessness? No! The bible gives us hope for the future, where bad things that bring us sorrow will no longer take place..Please read Rev 21:3,4 "With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4: And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes,and death will be no more,neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

WHAT a promise of hope! Would you like to learn about other promises from the bible that can help us cope with today's problems..?

Please click on the following link for a free tract. http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/know-the-truth/1102008390

May you find true peace, and comfort.

Archived