Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Trying this out

jackanapes

• Members

I feel like maybe there isn't anything to do, but coming here couldn't hurt. She's been gone for three months exactly, and it just hurts more and more. I realized that this is the longest I ever went without seeing her, maybe that's why it hurts so much lately. I'm taking time away from employment (my boyfriend has been very supportive) and I feel like in other ways my life has gotten better since leaving work. I feel more creative, and my high-stress job was already killing me. Maybe I've just managed to start letting down my barriers that day-to-day life made me put up and now I just have to feel this way for a while. 

I stay awake until I'm too exhausted to do anything but pass out, because if I lay in bed awake for any length of time I know I'm going to cry. Maybe I should, but I don't want to.

I'm young (24) but my brother is even younger and I just want to take care of him. I don't know how. He was seeing a grief counselor for a while but stopped going because he felt like he said everything he had to say. I don't ask him how he is because I think we'd both rather just try not to think about it whenever possible. He's never been open about his internal feelings and I don't want to pressure him.

I feel like everyone would just be happier if I just didn't feel like this any more. The world is impatient for me to be done grieving.

• Members

We all need to take as long as it takes. Everyone is different, but I know how you feel, it will be two months Saturday since we found mum dead at her home, (she had died probably the day before) and I know my little boy (almost 3) is bored of me being a sad mummy. We used to have so much fun, trips to the park, zoo, playgroup, now I just want him to entertain himself so I can sit staring into space!!

He needs his mummy back just like I need mine!!

Give your brother space but let him know you are there to chat to if he wants to.

X

• Members

I am so sorry for your losses and glad that you're both here.  There is no support like the support from others who have lost a parent.  You guys know the pain.

One thing I found is that we can't run or hide from our feelings.  I've learned to go with them.  If the tears start coming, I let them flow.  If my heart feels heavy with sorry, I acknowledge it and allow myself the sadness.  

Our emotions took a big hit with the losses and takes time to heal just like a physical injury.  It really does get better with time and allowing ourselves to feel the feelings.  Like sad&lonely says, we are all different, therefore will grieve differently, and there is nothing wrong with that.  

take care and God bless

Cindy Jane

Archived