Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dreams... I wish I would dream about my mom

wistletone

• Members

She died in October.  I hear and read a lot about people dreaming about their loved ones.  I have dreamt of her only twice.  Once a month after she passed, and then briefly last night, nothing particularly significant happened, but she was in it for a moment.  I feel like it would make me feel less alone.  I miss her so much. Do you dream of your loved ones who have passed?  Does it bring you comfort?  It seems like such a privilege. Just wondering.

• Members
silverkitties

Hi Wistletone, sometimes it brings comfort; sometimes not. I can't remember any of my dreams distinctly although I know I've had several. The first was truly bizarre--my mom was getting diagnosed for cancer at a cathedral! I think it was because my mom's hospital was Catholic...The other dreams are hazy, but several of them involve accidentally bumping into my mom at a mall. Or her return home. Sometimes she's giving advice about going somewhere. Then there are other dreams where I know my mom is dead and I'm feeling characteristically empty.

I once woke up in tears after waking up from a dream about her at the mall, realizing that it was a dream.

Btw, I don't believe dreams are necessarily sent from above....I think I happen to spend so much time thinking about her that I can't help it: after all, the same happened when I broke up w/ a BF long ago. But there's a part of me that would like to read it as a sign nonetheless. 

• Members

I woke up from a dream this morning about mom...but, it was sort of scary one. Mom was walking around the house back as a ghost. She didn't say anything. We were all scared. I know she's our mom and is here to protect us but, not as a ghost. I wonder what that means  

I want to dream and this was the very first time I dreamed about mom. 

• Members
JeanMihalick

I have and its a double edged sword. I love the dreams of her but wake up more upset about her passing, if that makes sense

• Members

My moms death was recent, so I don't think I've had time to dream about her too much. But I've had one, and it was more of a flashback than a dream. It was our road trip to San Francisco and I remember her telling me and my best friend (basically like her second daughter) how much she loved us and how funny we were. It was comforting, but I woke up sad.

Archived