Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It has been 3 days

tracyscott11

• Members
tracyscott11

It's been 3 days since I lost my husband. We were married 6 months. I've been on an emotional roller coaster. What I feel inside is scary at times because it is so overwhelming. And other times, I'm doing fine. I pray for the days the pain lessen. My husband had multiply heart attacks and spoke of his death often. Even though I knew it could happen, I still was not prepared for his death. I miss him so much and the thought of not hugging, kissing, or touching him causes me to cry in an instant. I have a 11 year old I have to be strong for. Both my child and I have stated we don't want to live at our current residence because it is a constant reminder of our loss. Is this normal? Plus we had no insurance and he was the sole provider at the time. So I have the added stress of what do I do now. I know it will work out but right now I solicit prayers for strength and direction.

Tracy

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. I just lost my husband tomorrow will be a week.

• Members

I know your pain. I lost my husband 3 weeks ago today. I could go into detail about my daily misery but I'm sure you already know. I will pray for you and your daughter. God's grace comforts me as well talking to others suffering the same pain.

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband..death is the greatest enemy of mankind. I lost my mother, my closest friend. A scripture that helped me to cope, and refocus was a promise that Jesus made at John 5:28,29 which reads "Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29: and come out!

It brings comfort to know that death is not the end of life. Eccl 9: 5 says "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all." So Jesus promised that he would awaken those in asleep in death. Can this really happen? Wouldn't we all like to be reunited with the ones that we love? If you would to know how you can benefit from this promise, and how it can help you cope with the death of your loved one..Please click on the following link http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/know-the-truth/1102008390/

Archived