Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sudden, shocking death of my baby girl

Spikelet72

• Members
Spikelet72

I came downstairs this morning at 7.30am to find my gorgeous Inca, my beautiful seven & a half year old ginger girl, curled up cosily in her favourite spot on the sofa, cuddled into her furry red cushion. But she was gone, just gone. It's been almost 12 hours and I'm still in complete shock, almost incapable of functioning. I said goodnight to a happy & healthy cat, yet just over 7 hours later, she was dead. The vet said it was probably a heart attack or stroke, but that it would have been instantaneous - she looked so peaceful - and I am so so grateful that she didn't suffer. But I am so angry - I don't know who or what I'm angry at - that I didn't have a chance to say a proper goodbye or tell her how much I loved her. I feel so lucky that I still have her lovely brother Oskar, but I miss my girl so, so much. I've been sat on the sofa hugging him all day, whilst thinking about so many lovely memories of her & crying my eyes out. My heart is breaking

• Guests
Guest Bonnie33

I'm so sorry to hear about Inca, the exact thing that happened to my cat Harvey on 22 April and he was only seven and a half and it was also really quick with no warning! The vet told me the same thing as you were told. It is so hard to take in and I know how you are feeling. You feel a pain in the pit of your tummy that won't go away, you feel guilty, you feel sad and you just want to know why at such a young age! As you say, you have her brother and you can comfort each other as he will miss her too. Think of your happy memories with them. Margaret

Archived