Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

sudden death of my mother

sad&lonely

• Members
sad&lonely

My mum passed away suddenly last month, I found her dead at her home after she failed to arrive to work one Monday morning. We all assumed it would of been a heart attack, but after an autopsy we were told she had died of bronchial pneumonia and septicemia, she had no symptoms at all. I am so lost, she was 63, my best friend and now I'm left with nobody who understands me...

• Members

Dear sad & lonely, I am truly sorry for your loss for it certainly was a very unexpected tragedy, life is like that, really hard & totally unfair. All I can say is that I understand your pain, which is extremely raw right now, and also the shock, specially the shock at the suddenness of her passing. At least your mom didn't have to go through a very long and very painful illness. I know that's no consolation in the midst of this tragedy but it's the only good thing that I can think of when I remember my moms own death, and it's my only comfort. Please tell us more about your mom and yourself, if you feel like it. This forum has been of great help to me over the last 17 months. Nobody will judge you here if you decide to vent. Anyway, I'm here to chat if you need to. Please self care, cry & scream if and when you need to, and don't hold back on expressing your feelings. Warm regards

• Members
sad&lonely

Thank you for your reply Trish, I'm 35, youngest of 3 older sisters, (who I don't really have relationship with) me and mum were very close, always spoke everyday etc, I'm in a relationship I also have a child yet I still feel very alone right now. Its as if nobody understands my pain, I really miss my mummy..

I appreciate what you say about no suffering, but selfishly I wish I had time to get used to her going. I lost my dad 3 years ago and he had a 9month terminal illness we watched him waste away, yet every goodbye was said like it could of been the last goodbye.. With mum she has just been snatched away..

I know time will heal me slightly but right now I can't see past my tears

X

• Members
Lillypad24

I lost my mum so suddenly to  heart attack I have never felt so alone in my life she really was the one person who knew me and understood me and it so hard to move past that i sometime do wish my mum died of a prolonging illness just so I could of said goodbye but the thing I can take with me is she probably thought she fainted no hurt or sadness thinking she will be leaving us all so for us its rubbish but for them they died with the lasting happy thoughts no sadness or pain and your love for you mother will help you pass that it has me anyway but I do miss her everyday and still find it extremely unfair but trish91 is right nobody judges here so get everything off your chest xx

Archived