Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Suddenly lost my mother at 24 feel so alone

Lillypad24

• Members

I have recently just lost my mother whom I had a huge bond with we were like best friends i dont trust easy in people but she was the only one i trusted with all my heart she died of a heart attack at the age of 63 with no warning signs i was in america at the time and my sister called me to tell me she had gone i was so confused because 2 hours before i was talking to her about what she had for tea and cant wait to have a hot chocolate when I get home then boom she didnt reply she was always so full of life if anything we were all expecting my dad to die because he suffered with a stroke and has lost the ability to speak and gets confused easily i just feel robbed i have no children or a partner and feel so alone i also feel like now i might lose my dad too i just don't feel strong enough to cope with this  -_- i do have good family support but a big family also comes with stress and seeing my dad breaking his heart but not been able to tell us is hurting me too

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

My heart goes out to you, what a tragic turn of events, To lose a loved one in death is tragic, and even more so when it is so sudden, and unexpected. No one can understand the pain you are feeling at this moment. I would like to extend my condolences to your family, at this deep time of sorrow. The death of a loved one brings to us the most intense emotions. As we reflect on their lives, and all of their wonderful qualities, we may wonder where are they now ? Are they suffering, or are they in heaven? These are normal questions, and thoughts.

I am participating in a volunteer program, where we reach out to those who have lost loved ones in death, and provide bible based hope for the future. A scripture that helps us thru the grieving process, and contains a promise of hope is John 5:28,29..it reads " Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice. 29 ; ..and come out.

That promise was given to us by Jesus Christ..It means that we have the hope of seeing our dead loved ones again. Many are taught that their dead loved ones go to heaven, and that is a beautiful hope..but would you like to know if that is what the bible teaches? ...Please feel free to ask Jehovah's Witnesses the next time they visit you.

You may also want to visit our free website- www.jw.org. There you will find bible answers to many questions..Such as.."Why do we grow old and die? Why does God permit suffering?

The following link has a list of frequently asked questions. http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/

My Condolences

• Members

Hugs Lillypad, I am so sorry for your loss.  Ditto on everything that mydeepestthoughts posted to you.  Another promise we are given is the promise of comfort during times like this.  All we have to do is ask and I did just that.  I got down on my knees after losing both my mom and dad and asked our Heavenly Father for comfort.  I still do often and HE does bring me comfort.  Somehow my thoughts go from missing them so terribly much to reflecting on all of the good things about my parents as well as the good times.  Yes, I still shed tears in missing them but now I am most happy for them because I know they are with the Father and hopefully one day I will be too.

Please take care ... keeping you in my prayers

Cindy Jane

• Members

I'm so sorry. I lost my Mother and best friend suddenly/unexpectedly when I was 24 years old too (about a year and a half ago). I live across the country from my family and am not yet married either. I understand how lonely/scary it can sometimes feel. Have faith and reach out to others even if it's uncomfortable at first, thats all that has kept me going at times. Sending you my love!

Archived