Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dad of 56 passed of Lung Cancer Mom Dating and forgetting us

kiralachelle

• Members
kiralachelle

Hello everyone. I am so sorry for your losses and for your pain. I loss my father on February 14 2014 to lung cancer after 20 month it was incredibly hard for me I am 32 years old and I'm definitely a daddy's girl. 4 months later my brother who is 13 months younger than me my only brother had the first grandbaby. we named her after my dad and soon found out she was missing half her heart. HLHS was soon to be what we found she had & needed a heart transplant but did not get one in time she passed at 6 months old and 17 days this December 18th 2014. needless to say our family has had a huge dark cloud over us for some time. I moved away because it was too much for me. my brother and sister in law had moved in with my parents to take care of my dad, thinking my brother would want to stay with my mom I left. I knew at some point in time she would want to date. she is a beautiful woman. the area she lives in is so gross filled with people I would not want her to date. I am my father's daughter and he was a jealous man. my mother never calls me never include me in what's going on and has started taking antidepressants and drinking. she goes out with friends drinks these were never things she did before. she told me that she was getting to finally live her life,assuming we had kept her from doing that? in reality we had a good family. she says going home only makes her think of bad things instead of thinking of all the memories and wonderful times we had there. I feel like she will just leave us you have another life. I miss my mom I feel like I lost her when I lost this is so unfortunate. people have told me that I have been selfish for feeling this way about her. I understand I moved away because I knew it would be too much for me. but I never thought she would just throw us away 30 years. I appreciate you guys listening to me vent. I am blessed to have had a beautiful family for the time that I had. I will forever miss my Daddy.

• Members

I just want to let you know how sorry I am, after losing my dad at 32 as well. I can't even imagine how hard it has been with the loss of your niece as well.

My mom hasn't started dating yet so I can't imagine how hard that must be for you. I do understand what you mean about feeling like you've lost part of your family when you lost your dad. I am currently not talking to my brother, not on purpose, but because he has been blowing up in anger/taking his anger out on me. 

I think that you just have to give the situation time, and hopefully your family will feel like a family again soon. That is what I am hoping for myself anyway. In the meantime, keep doing things that make you happy if you can, and keep focusing on all the memories you have with your daddy -- no one can take that away from you.

Archived