Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grieving for both parents in different ways

Orchid8809

• Members

Hi all, just want to share my story and hopefully get some advice.

I lost my dear mum almost 10 years ago in a car crash. The feeling was indescribable and continues to paralyse me today. For the first 5 or so years I overcame it and persevered but over the last year I am struggling so much. My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about the same time she died and the grief is there but it is different. Some ways it is easier that he is still around to touch rather than just nothing with my mother. My question is this, I was managing it but now it seems to be overtaking my life. Emotionally I am extremely unstable, I cry all the time, I wake up numb and like the old

Me is left behind somewhere, I am never happy or excited not do I miss important people around me when I am not with them, I am anxious constantly about near on everything. I am planning to go to the doctors tomorrow but has anyone experienced anything like this, a sort of delayed grief that is crippling them? I am not suicidal and can leave the house, I am just extremely introvert, shy, awakaard, easily upset, and just downright sad. Any comments would be massively appreciated. Thank you.

A

Archived