Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My moms passing

Aragon

• Members

It's been 3 weeks since my mom passed and I believe I'm still in shock. My mom had inoperatable lung cancer and died of complications due to the cancer very suddenly. The hard part of this is I feel like I'm losing pieces of her that I want to hold on to so hard. I can't hear her voice anymore and this makes me so sad. Trying to hold on and grieve and still be able to help my dad through this and staying strong when I feel like I'm falling apart.

• Members

I know the feelings. Your memories might fade, but they will not disappear. I've recently gotten in touch with my feelings of sorrow and looking at pictures of my father has helped me get the sadness out.

You need to work through the feelings, not against them. Be sad and cry, but try to do things that help you to forget for a short time, and get some moments of happiness.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost both parents in less than a year and the sadness was overwhelming.  Without a doubt you are going to miss your mom terribly. That is what happens when we love someone so much and they leave us.  The only thing that brought me comfort is knowing that they are both together again and in perfect health.  If you are a person of faith, now is a good time to draw on that.  It's what brings me comfort during those sad times.  Like Aragon suggests, go with the tears and allow yourself time to get over the shock and go through the grieving process.  Try to think of what your dear mom would want for you.  

take care

Cindy Jane

• Members

Thank you all. It is so helpful to find others who know what is happening and been through it and to know day by day it will get better. For this I am grateful.

Archived