Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Never going to be okay again

TearsInHeaven

• Members

No, we will never be o.k. and never be the same.  I am on month 10 and it's one step at a time.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my son at 23 years old, 2 years ago.  It does not matter the age, it does not matter the how - you have lost your child and it is not the right order of things.

You are just getting started with your grief work.  It is hard, hard work to get through.  Give yourself a break and a lot of time.  When I now look back on the first year there are periods of that year that I simply do not remember.  It was very exhausting.

I am just starting the 3rd year without my son.  I want you to know that I think of him every single day and I am happy for it.  I was very frightened of forgetting him someday.  That's not going to happen thankfully and I understand that now.  My life is different now that is for sure.  There are going to be days that are very sad that I just can't do much but cry over this unfair loss and when they come I embrace them for what they are and know I will also have good days.  My point is to give you encouragement that you will find your "new normal".  I'm not a big fan of that phrase but it is the easiest way to say it. 

Peace to you.

Jill

• Members

It is now 9 months since I lost my son to suicide.....do I feel better? No..... I live, I put one foot in front of the other every day and get on with life! But the ache in my heart, the fuzziness in my mind, the whys and why not me? Don't go away..... I wake up with the picture of him in my mind and go to sleep the same...... It hurts so much....but I have to keep on moving, for my other two children, for my gramdchildren, tears are saved for the night time when no one sees me, I don't want to forget him, I want to see his face every morning until the day I join him, and see his real smile.... It's a hard road, it's a hard life..... A life that will never be the same, I know in my heart that life as it was will never be again.......so many questions remain unanswered.....I love him so much!!!

• Members
Mermaid Tears

The reality is that a parent will never be the 'same'.....but....you can survive....grief is very heavy and dark....but you can learn how to carry it....please go to Loss of Adult Child....there are many active parents on that site...please re-read older posts....it is a hard journey....just take baby steps....no one gets a medal for 'rising above it all'....for you simply have to go through it....

Archived