Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My cat hit by car

Stanmart

• Members

I have had my cat mookie for about 4 years. He was an indoor outdoor cat. Loved it outside. He went missing last sunday. He never strayed far from home. My wife and i searched for him all over. Yesterday my wife went door to door. The guy that lived in the house right behind us said that he had been hit in the street. He crawled up to his porch and died. City took him and cremated him. All this the previous sunday. We were oblivios. His collar had fell off. We used quick release collars. They thought he was a stray.

Im way tore up over it. Really not the end to our search i wanted. He was a very unique cat. I miss him so much already. He was so loyal. It kills me i wasnt there to try and help him or be there when he passed. Eating me alive. He suffered and its bothering me so bad. Didnt sleep a wink last night. I never cry but im a ball of tears right now. I feel like i have lost my child. Havent felt like this since my folks passed away.

Ugh.

• Members

Stanmart,

I am very sorry about the loss of Mookie. Go ahead and cry your heart out if it will help. It's okay to cry over a beloved fur baby. Believe me, when I've lost fur kids, I've been a basket case.

Do you have a pic of Mookie?

ModKonnie

Archived