Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

IM NOT OK!!!!!!!!!!

sarah1681

• Members

my mom has been gone for 7 months and 16 days she died very suddenly on her bathroom floor I miss her so much there are days that I don't even feel like living anymore she was my best friend. Im not ok without her. When does it get easier? she died 5 days before her 54th birthday.

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss and the pain you are in. It's been almost 8 month since my mom passed and almost 2 years since my dad passed and I'm still not OK either.  I wish I had an answer for the both of us...I don't know when or even if it does get easier.  I miss my parents so much too!!!  I hope it helps to know that you're not alone...sending hugs.

• Members
footslogger77

No, I'm not okay either.  People ask if you are okay.  They want to hear a simple response like, "I'm doing okay," but inside you're far from it.  Inside you are broken, struggling to come to terms with a loss that is so real and so deep that time may never heal it.  No one knows the sadness within or the seemingly endless tears we cry.  My father passed away in September and the void left by his absence is unbearable at times, especially as I watch my mother struggle with her own grief.  I know that things will never be the same again and I don't know when or if things will ever be okay.  I think in time, we learn to adapt, we learn to move forward because time and life force us to.  Perhaps the pain becomes more bearable, perhaps someday our hearts will heal, but a piece of us went with him and he will never be forgotten.  For now, I'm not okay either but I take it day to day.  It helps to know there are others who understand and support you in whatever way they can.  

• Members
heartbroken49

I know how you feel. I lost my mom 8 months ago and I'm a mess. She too was my best friend. I found her on the floor in her room when I came home from work. I had lived with Her my whole life and was she basically was my life. I didn't and don't know anything else but her....everything I see is her...I can't take it and sit and think how am I going to get through life without her. I never ever imagined the pain could every be so intense. I feel like someone ripped my heart out. I cry all the time and everyday is a battle. It feels like the world has stopped. I get panic attacks on top and that makes it worse. I know what you're feeling and which is why I joinsd this support group. I feel like no one understands how I feel. I'm lost lost lost I hurt like I never thought possible. I could go on and on. Im scared I won't make it through this life without her and most of me doesn't want to. But I have a disabled daughter who needs me and that's beem the only thing keeping me going.

I don't know if you're religious but the only way through this will be through God help.

• Members

Hello everyone .... I am so sorry for each of your losses.  I lost both parents in less than a year and there is one thing that we all have in common.  We are all hurting!  We've been through the most difficult thing that this life can deal out ... the loss of a loved one.  

For me, heartbroken nailed it!  "The only way through this will be through God's help."    I am not religious but since my mom passed on a year ago, I have sure come closer to God.  I have been reading the Bible and that is my main source of comfort.  I have come across so many scriptures that speak of death and they are all very comforting because I know that one day I will be reunited with my parents again if I live my life to be the best person I can be.  That is my mandate in life now, to be kind, compassionate and caring to others.  This is just how my parents lived their lives, and I know that they would want me to live mine in the same way.  

Another thing that helps me a lot is to look at the blessings we've had in having these special people in our lives.  My parents lived good and happy lives until they got sick and passed on.  They showed so much love for me all of my life.  They taught me good values and morals.  They provided me a sense of security.  They were there through the good times and the bad.  They loved me unconditionally....and so much more!  When I think of these things I can't help but to be grateful, and the feelings of gratefulness sure beats the feelings of sadness.

We can, and will get through these difficult times.  

Cindy Jane

Archived