Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I am at a loss on what to do

carenm68

• Members

Hi.

My dad passed away 10-14. Just 2 weeks ago. To complicate matters 24 hours after his death I got a call from the emergency room that my husband had been in a wreck with his 18 wheeler. He spent 3 days in the hospital and is home now with broken bones and lung contusion.

He isn't here for me. He can't be. I have to be here for him and our kids. How can I grieve when my husband is supposed to be the one supporting me right now in the death of my dad? I begged my husband not to go to work the day after my dad died but he went anyway. I feel so angry right now at him.

How am I supposed to even start the grieving process ?

• Members

Carenm68,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father and the horrible accident your husband has been in. I understand your anger, and certainly anger is normal, but your husband had no way of knowing he was going to be in a terrible wreck. Now, he is hurt and needs help. When my father passed, I had deadlines for my newspaper to write. I attended his funeral, and then came home to complete my articles. I had no choice. I had four children, and my husband wasn't around. I did what I had to do, and I cried my head off every night after the kids went to bed. I got up and cried more, then brushed myself off, did what I had to do, and I started over.

When your husband is healed, you will be able to lean on him. This is all so fresh and chaotic, but you will manage and get through. Just take it a bit at a time, and if you break down and cry in front of everyone, that's perfectly okay, too. No one expects you to be anything more than you are capable of being right now. Just do the best you can. Let some things go. It'll be okay.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived