Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my mother's loss

sushmitha s

• Members

dear friends/brothers/elders/sisters,

i am sushmitha s.I am a student of age 19.My Mother passed away on 6th June 2014 recently.In an accident.During that time i was working in a software company as a trainee.My mother came to live with me in the working place.But unfortunately on the way of her journey she met with an accident.Every body knows their mother's love .She is so special to me.My father passed away when i was 7 years old.

But only because of my mother i did not feel that pain and even though i was too young those days.My mother used be so brave and that braveness was inside me also.But my boldness leads me to depression these days.After that accident she was with me for 5 days but in ICU.I don't want to see her like this but i had a hope that she would get well.But she dead lonely being a small girl of 19 i did her all the customs after her death including fire.I saw her burnt and her ashes.This made me more stress because i didn't even cry on those days.But know i miss her each and every moment of my life as i was in her hand the whole part of my life.If i turned and see to my life its full of her.I want her soul to speak to me once at least as she did not spoke on those days of her struggle.She sacrificed her whole life till her death only for me.But God played in her fate and she was not with me.know i have no parents both my mother and dad.

I lost my sleep with her memories which seeks my heart for her every moment.I am not ready to express it out and there is no chance or no one for me to just cry break out of my feelings.please help me by your valuable words.please friends.

make me back same braveness sleep joy confident

because of this severe depression am avoiding people as no one is there to understand my pain.as they all are my equal age.so please my mother is beautiful guide to my life so she suggested me every thing when ever i tend to go down.but her loss really rained down me.

please help elders.and friends :mellow::(

waiting for your reply

• Members

HUGS Sushmitha, I am so sorry for your loss.  You have been through so much at such a young age, my heart goes out to you my friend.  Your mother sounds like an amazing woman of great strength.  She helped you through losing your father at an even younger age when she was going through her own grieving.  The emptiness you feel inside is a very big void which I think that all of us have when we lose a parent.  I lost my mom a year ago and that void is still there but now on most days I can fill that void with loving memories of my dear mom.  I still have a good cry when it hits me but the pain isn't like it was.  Then on Sept. 17th (about a month ago) my dad passed on.    

I want to share some words of wisdom with you that my dad shared with me after my mom passed away last year.  His words helped me a lot and I hope that they can be of help to you too.  He said to me, "Cindy, we don't get over it, but we will get on with it."  In that year after my mom passed on, my love and admiration for my dad grew so much.  I saw him "get on with it" he cried many tears and felt sad a lot of the time but I also saw him carry on with his life just as my mom would have wanted him to.  He got back to work when he was ready, he looked after the yard, cooked his meals, cleaned the house, went for coffee with his friends.  He showed me that we have to carry on in this life.  Some more wisdom he shared with me was he asked me this, "what would your mom want for you today?"  I can't say specifically what she would want for me but I know that she would want me to be happy and do well in my life.  She would want me to be a good sister, a good aunt, a good employee, a good neighbour, a good friend and a good person.  I wanted to be those things when my parents were alive and now I want to be those things even more. It is my way of honouring their memory.

Another thing that is really helping me to get through both of my parents passing away is that every time the tears start to flow and my heart got heavy I would think of the blessings .... for starters, I was so blessed in having them for my parents.  Also the blessing of the wonderful relationship I had with them, the fact that until they passed on they were pretty healthy and had good and happy lives, the list goes on and on.  In thinking about the blessings then I have to feel grateful because there are so many people out there who haven't had such good parents and so many blessings.

Sushmitha, it sound to me like you are also very blessed in having such a good mother and I am guessing a good father too.  It also sounds like you and your mother had a good relationship and that is a huge blessing.  I will keep you in my prayers for comfort .... something we all need at times like this.  

take care....I hope some of this helps

Cindy Jane

Archived