Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

3 weeks today!

sylcourt

• Members

I lost my grandmother on September 30th 2014. She had a stroke and didn't remember anyone. 2 days later she died. 72 years old. She is my mother figure. She raised my sister and I from babies. She had several health issues and we were blessed to have 10 extra years with her but to add a stroke to the mix really sucks!!!!!! I didn't get to say goodbye! !!!! I love her so much. I'm so heart broken. I was with her when she passed but she couldn't talk or anything. Im so blessed i was their she was NEVER alone my aunt sung amazing Grace in her ear after hours of struggling to breathe and within 2 minutes she peacefully passed on. I felt so relieved for her. But my life changed in that moment. Im trying to be strong. But my heart is heavy. I am just lost. Confused. Im just sorry to anyone who lost someone they love.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your grandmother sounds like an amazing woman in raising you and your sister.  It is truly a gift that you were there with her when she passed on.  Maybe she couldn't talk prior to leaving but I believe that she was aware and heard your aunt sing Amazing Grace.  Her passing within 2 minutes of that song is what I call a "God moment."  There was a "God moment" just before my dad passed on last month and whenever my heart gets heavy I think about that moment and get much comfort in that.  

I hear you about how our lives change in our moment of loss.  It is hard to imagine life without these special people but that is where my faith comes in (and I really lean on that now).  I believe that one day we will be reunited with our loved ones who have left us, until then I also believe that they would want us to carry on with our lives and be the best people that we can be.  As hard as it is to imagine ever being happy again, I also believe that is what they would want for us.  Time really is a good healer and as the days pass for me, the heaviness of my heart is lifting and I am able to see all of the blessings of having my parents in my life.  Take care and hang in there, any difficult feelings you are having are quite normal.

hugs

Cindy Jane

• Members

I just got this Cindy! thanks so much for these kind words!  made my day!! I am finding that each day is better but get random set backs.  I miss her dearly but I know she would want everyone to be happy.  I have an angel figurine hanging in my car I got her years ago I just look at that and smile. she is with me always and ill hang on to that! 

• Members

Hi again sylcourt .... I am glad that I could help in some way.  We will probably always have our days and moments with this but if we can hang onto the memories of those blessings this will get us through the tough moments.  I am also sure that we will have many more of those "God moments" in our lives.  HE really does walk with us through difficult times.  You take care and know that you are not alone!

Cindy Jane

Archived