Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I knew her for 444 days

JuliaChristopher

• Members
JuliaChristopher

My niece Ivy was adopted from China, and she only lived in the states for 444 days. She died June 24th 2014. She was born with heart defects and had 2 open heart surgeries, and survived. However a random fever, leading to an infection killed Ivy in her sleep. My sister always wanted to adopt and dreamed of being a mom her whole life. I never expected this to happen to our family. Ivy brought us joy and happiness from a little tiny body. She loved life, even though she never realized how difficult her life already had been. You could be in Ivy's presence for 1 minute and your day would get better...She was that special.

To think the universe has taken her angers and breaks me.  I cried everyday for 2 months..Now I just cry randomly but frequently. I get waves of sadness and feeling lost in my body. I feel like its not October 7th but still June 24th. I'm confused on what I am doing and where I am. I can function most of the time, but then I am hit again with unbearable heartache. She was too young...to innocent. How can someone so happy be taken away from us. Is she happy now? I don't want her to feel sadness...

I transferred to a new college and I'm having trouble being motivated...I'm having trouble looking around at everyone and shocked they aren't going through this heartache too. I've never experienced a loss like this, and I guess I needed to share it. Should I be with my family and at home where I'm comfortable? Or being in this new place help speed up the grieving process. I just feel lost and I want her to know I'm trying to be happy and live life to the fullest...But I miss her dearly and it's hard to accept this. 

I know she was an angel and I'm blessed to have a niece as wonderful as she was. 

post-398163-0-35589600-1412738034_thumb.

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

I would like to extend my condolences at this horrible time in your life. The death of a child is an unbearable thought, and something that no parent or relative would ever want to experience. Unfortunately in this world that we live it it occurs, all to often. Even if someone has experience it, they can never truly say that they understand the way you feel. You, and your family May be experiencing many thoughts at this time, such as regret, or even anger at God. Is this a normal way to feel? Yes it is.. Many are taught that God needed an angel, so he took their little son or daughter away from them. How disappointing, and unfulfilling that answer is, in fact, instead of drawing us closer to God..it makes us angry at him, and question him, and his decisions.

The bible gives the reason for why we die at Romans 5:12 which reads "That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned", so it is because of sin that our bodies break down, we get sick and we die. And it really hurts to see an innocent baby, who hasn't experience life become sick,suffer and die.

The grief process is different for all of us, just grieve don't examine it..pour your heart out to God, he does listen, and he is concerned about you as an individual.

This is revealed by the hope that the bible gives to those who have lost loved ones in death. It's a promise that Jesus gave us at John 5:28,29 which reads " Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming when all those in the memorial tombs..will come out."

Yes, we can see our dead loved ones again!..But can this really happen?

Please click on the following link to read a brochure entitled "Would you like to know the truth?" It answers many bible related questions. One that you might find interesting is "Is there any hope for the dead?" http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/know-the-truth/1102008390/

May you find peace and comfort...if you have any questions please contact me at fast.one23@yahoo.com

Archived