Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

One month

Pinkbaggirl

• Members

My dad died on 30 August. Can't believe a month has gone by. I still can't believe he is gone. Denial is a coping mechanism, I guess.

• Members

Hugs Pinkbaggirl ... so sorry for your loss.  I can relate to how you're feeling because I lost my dad on Sept. 17th.  The good Lord took my mom home last October so in less than a year I've lost both parents.  It still doesn't seem real to me.  They lived in the upstairs of my duplex and I live down so we were extremely close ...  I am finding it hard to go upstairs and neither of them being there any more.  I want to share with you something that helps when my heart aches over this.  Whenever my heart gets heavy over these losses I keep telling myself that I was blessed in having them both as long as I had them.  I remember in elementary school my best friend lost her dad when she was just 9 years old.  I've been given many more years with both parents and in feeling grateful this helps to lift the sadness.  Take care

Cindy Jane

• Members

Tuesday will be one month.  I lost my mom unexpectedly.  I know she is gone, logically.  But my body and heart can't believe it sometimes.  I feel incredulous... What??? And then I start to panic, so I say she's just on a trip until my body calms down.  I know the reality... I was there with my dad.  And my Dad is utterly devastated.  I'm afraid I will lose him too.  He was the one with the serious health issues, and none of us, especially him, thought he would be the one left behind. I'm so busy helping with the legal stuff and paperwork that I haven't had time to process this emotionally.  It feels like a wolf at the door.  I'm afraid of when it will hit.  She was my best friend.

• Members

I lost my mom October 8 2014. Ive done everything im supposed to do i guess, i had her memorial service, cleaned out her apartment, turned in her keys, stopped her disability checks, canceled the insurance on her car, turned her tags in, and closed her bank account. Now that everything is done, i feel useless. Ive resorted to obsessively cleaning my house just to stay busy. I cant stand sitting still. If im still i think too much and all the memories come flooding in. When does this get any easier? When can i enjoy sitting still and relaxing again?

Archived