Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my big sister very suddenly

Sarahjane____

• Members

Hey Guys.

I lost my sister july 1 2014 to a heart arrhythmia. We got up on  normal tuesday morning going to the lake and she had gotten up and we had our morning arguments and talk and went to get ready i had just got finished getting ready and i went to check on her and see if she was done so i opened the door and she was laying on the ground and i thought she was playing so i was laughing telling her to get up then i realized it looked like she wasn't breathing so i went and i got my parents and we called the ambulance and they came and rushed her to the hospital and they tried to bring her back but they were never able too so when they came in to tell us we all knew and the doctor said "Im so sorry we tried everything we could but we were never able to get her heartbeat back" that is when my whole world crushed and tumbled she was my hero, my best friend, my storyteller, and the closet i had ever in my short 14 years of life had gotten to trust. I have guilt i should have gotten to her quickly, it should of been me she had her whole life ahead of her it still does not seem real..

Rachel - november 20,1995-July 1,2014 

P.S.- thank you for taking some time out of your day for reading this.

• Members

Sarahjane,

I am very sorry about the loss of your precious sister. When I was 14, I lost my brother to an automobile accident. It was tough, very tough, and it took some time to move forward.

Guilt is a normal feeling when you are grieving. Please talk to your parents, a school counselor, and even friends about how you feel. It will help you to heal to talk to people.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived