Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost mom 1 year ago and dad on Wednesday

cindyjane

• Members

I am so glad that I've been coming here regularly since my mom passed away last October.  The good people here helped me a lot in sharing their stories as well as responding to my posts.  There is much love and wisdom here.

On Wednesday my dad passed away so it's been a tough year for my sister, brother and myself.  2 big losses in less than a year.

At the time of my mom's passing my parents lived in the upstairs of my duplex and I lived down.  It was a wonderful situation because we each had our own separate place and as they needed more help, I was not far away and I got to enjoy a close relationship with them.  After my mom left us my dad and I struggled with our emotions but I know that it was hardest on him of course.  I believe that we helped each other through a difficult time and we certainly grew closer.  My dad wasn't in good health and I knew that I wouldn't have him forever but I was hoping for longer.  It feels very odd not to have a parent. 

I keep telling myself over and over that I am truly blessed to have had my parents for as long as I did. They both lived happy lives and loved each other to the end.  These are the things I will think about when those waves of sadness hits.  I've posted many times that in looking at the blessings we've had with our loved ones, it makes the grieving process easier and I am finding that right now.  I have definitely been blessed in having the parents I have.

thanks for the space

Cindy Jane

• Members

Cindy Jane,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your parents. It sounds like you had great ones. I, too, have had good parents, and I am able to counter those sad moments with memories of warmth and love. It definitely helps.

ModKonnie

Archived