Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Almost 1 year since losing my dad

apeach22

• Members

He passed september 26, 2014. He was my hero, teacher, and best friend. He was diagnosed in 2009 with stage 2 colon cancer, i was nine years old. I remember the day perfectly, but I don't know the date. The hardest part was watching him deteriorate into nothing, but skin and bones; he lost over 3/4 of his body weight. I don't know when he became terminal because my parents didn't discus it with us and it's too hard to ask because I know my mom will breakdown again and I am the "Rock". I hate showing my emotions I don't where my heart on my sleeve, in this I take after him. I am Definitely a Daddy's girl now and forever. It is hard to get through the days, lately I've just been going through the motions. I have improved from where I was last year greatly, but I feel like nothing will ever be the same. They say these are the hardest years of your life, so far i agree.

• Members

I am so sorry about your loss.  Next month will be a year since we lost my mom and it's definitely been a tough year emotionally.  Gratefully like you I have improved with time but you are absolutely right, nothing will ever be the same.  I've heard it said that we never get over it but rather get on with it.  I know that our parents would want us to carry on in this life being the best people we can be.  They may have left us for now, but I believe that is only temporary and one day we will be reunited with our parents.  Take care

Cindy Jane

Archived