Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Six months since mother passed

Mnewland27

• Members

It's been 6 months since my mother left us and was called up by god I still feel so lost I thought i was over it but it still hits me hard knowing I was there when she took her last breath she was diagnosed with Cancer Christmas Eve and was gone February the only thing that makes this easier is she gave me and my fiancée a blessing on our wedding knowing she wouldn't be there which is going to break my heart knowing I can't dance with her on that day I don't know what to feel anymore

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  I don't know that we ever get over the loss of a loved one.  Although it gets easier as time goes on, I still miss my mom so very much.  I see some blessings in what you've shared; you were there with your mom when she took her last breath.  What a gift that is!  She was there when you took your first breath and you were there for her last.  Also that she gave her blessings on your wedding....another gift from above.  I don't know what to feel most days either so I just go with whatever feelings hit me and hold on tight to the countless wonderful memories of my dear mom.  Those are what lifts my heart when it gets heavy in missing her. 

thanks for sharing. 

Cindy Jane

• Members

Thank you for your words I'm glad I came on here because reading all the love and encouragement from other posts makes this a little easier to handle

• Members

I am so very sorry on the passing of your mom.  I have to say that I lost my mom almost seven years ago and then my dad two years ago and here I am.  I feel lost right now because my oldest just left for college and I am REALLY missing my mom.  I am a stay at home mom and have been for 18 years, just volunteering in the school and working part time while my kids are in school.  I was also there when my mom took her last breath and to this day, I can still see her and hear that last breath.  It does get easier, I hope that you are comforted in knowing that she is no longer in pain and having to deal with the nasty side effects of chemo.  She is at peace and the suffering has ended.  You will be in my prayers.

Violet 

Archived