Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Nightmares!

sagittariusgirl89

• Members
sagittariusgirl89

Hello! My name is Danielle and I am 24 yrs old.

On March 28 2011 my mom died unexpectedly. She was 58 yrs old and died of an accidental pill overdose. She was a recovering alcoholic since 1999 and then she broke her jaw at work and got addicted to her pain pills. When she died we were on bad terms, I was being "hard" on her because she was acting weird from her pills. Anyway, I moved 2 hrs away 8 months after my mom died. I have lived on my own since Nov 2011. Recently, I keep having dreams about her and they make me so sad. Last night for example, I dreamt that she came back and then she died again. All my dreams consist of her coming back to life, but then overdoses or I am trying to tell her that it was a close call and she has to stop taking pills.  

Why do I dream of her all the time? They are never good dreams and it throws my day off.

Danielle

• Members

Danielle,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother. I have no clue why you have those dreams but maybe it's the stress over being on bad terms with her. Have you thought about trying to do something like write her a letter and tell her what you'd like to say to her? Make amends if you want to? That seems to help many, many people.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

No advice, just sympathy.  I'm having similarly unhelpful dreams involving my mom.  My dad has nice dreams about her -- they're like "visitations", he says.  And my cousin, too (who felt especially close to her).  But I just have nightmares.  I am jealous of their experience, and exhausted from lack of quality rest.  

Hang in there!

Archived