Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can't keep my mind off of it.

kelxo

• Members

I just lost my dad at the beginning of june. He had a long battle with cancer and he kept beating it but in the end cancer won:( it kills me going to my in laws or friends house and seeing their dads. I just want mine back, he was so young amd so strong. I remember him always trying to teach me everything he knew. I just recently moved out of town also so its hitting me harder now that I don't know anybody. I have his chair he used to sit in all the time and I sit in it everynight before bed. I just feel so alone more than even now, my friends barely talk to me anymore and it started before he passed but you think now he's gone they'd be more supportive I know the pain wont ever go away but does it lighten up? I know he's not suffering anymore but I just miss him so much. I wish for one more hug and conversation :(

• Members

Hi kelxo ... I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.  In regard to how friends don't seem to detach, I experienced that when my mom passed on 10 months ago.  I noticed that those who have also lost a parent were the friends who stayed in touch and were there for me.  The friends who hadn't gone through the loss of a parent really didn't understand therefore they detached a bit.  Prior to my mom passing on, I was like that as well and it was because I just didn't know what to say to them.  I knew these people were hurting and felt that nothing I could say or do would help.  You asked if the pain ever lightens up.  Any time I think about my mom my heart gets real heavy and sadness overwhelms me, then I turn my thoughts to what a wonderful mom she's been and how much I love her and rather than sadness, I get feelings of gratefulness.  So yes, the pain does lighten over time.  Take care

Cindy Jane

• Members

Im so sorry for your loss. The pain does lighten up a lot but it never completely goes away and you'll never stop missing them I'm 21 my mom died in 2010 and I still have days ( like today) when I just can't stop crying. I don't think I'll ever get "over it" but I've learned to live with it its been the hardest thing I've ever had to face and sent me spiraling further into addiction to numb the pain but now I try to live for her and all I want is for her to be proud of me I'm sorry I'm rambling this probably doesn't help much but I hope it does a little

Archived