Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Days I Feel Lost

HCrook

• Members

It's been 2 and half years since I lost my first Grandma, she was the one I was the closest too, our conversations used to last for ages on the phone. Even if we had nothing to say to each other we'd always have something to talk about.

Only a year and 2 months later I lost my dad's mum. To me she was first remembered as the scary grandma, everything had to be right. But later I've grown to realise she was also a very strong women and only wanted the best for me.

There are days where I just don't know how to handle that they are gone! I know I should realise that they are in a better place but I also feel they should be here with me. There not a day that goes by that I don't miss them! Has anyone any tips on how not to feel so lost with out them, or is it just time that heals?

• Members

So sorry to hear about your losses. It seems like the recent loss of a loved one brings back the raws feelings of the past loved ones death.  Nothing short of an emotional roller coaster.  In my experience you are right, time is what is needed.  Talking to others serves as a helpful release. You may find that putting your feelings into words and sharing them with a sympathetic listener will make it easier to deal with them.  I have found prayer to to be of immense help!  Also avoid isolating yourself.  One wise proverb states that "whoever isolates himself pursues his own selfish desires".  Although privacy and time alone can be necessary it can be counter productive in the healing process. Not saying this is the case with you, but it can invite self pity.  Will keep you in my prayers. 

Archived