Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i lost my momma and im only 18

Brookecooper

• Members

cancer is a terrible thing. my mom was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer on january 24th 2014, she then passed away only 3 days later on january 27 2014. she was my bestfriend, my go to girl, my rock, my everything. im now finding myself walking through a fog or haze. im weak angered irritable and sad. im so young, and now i have to grow up so quick 

• Guests
Guest Kirbibizzle

Dear Brookecooper,

Yes, cancer is indeed terrible. I am so sorry to hear about your mother's sudden passing. My dad also passed away on January 25th, 2014, just 3 days after he suffered from a ruptured brain aneurysm. Both of these events were beyond our control, nothing we could have done could have prevented them. As much as it sucks to say that, it's the truth.

I didn't want him to be in pain, I never wanted that for him, so I tell myself that it is for the best that he went quickly, much like your mother. Wanting to keep our parents alive would have only made them have to suffer just for the sake of our own benefit.

I am in the same haze as you, I feel extremely lost and lonely without my dad guiding me through this life. I'd been living with him for my entire life, and now I'm really on my own, just like you. I'm 25 years old, and never thought I would need to grow up myself when my dad was around. We both now face a difficult journey ahead of us, I hope you can find your way.

Just know there are many people out there who relate to you and we all want to help in any way we can.

Archived