Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My dad died

Hanna43

• Members

Hello. I am new here. My dad passed away a few weeks ago. He has mesothelioma. I also have been caring for my mom for the past nine years (she and my dad were separated) and she has been in the hospital battling pneumonia since three days aftere his funeral. I have been trying to handle all of the affairs but my dad does have a will so everything is so complicated!!

I feels so overwhelmingly lost.....l.feel like I not getting anywhere with a thing. My mom isn't getting better. And I have moments where all I can think is "I want to call my dad" and I just start sobbing.

I feel like I can't function even though I know I need to!

• Members

Do you have anyone to help you? Anyone to talk to? I'm in the very early stages of grieving - I'm not accepting anything yet - but I've sworn I'm going to start taking walks to deal with my anxiety. I cared for my parent (can't even talk about it yet) for nearly a year and know the feeling of being overwhelmed. Try to walk if you can? My thoughts are with you and I'm sending you hope and restoration thoughts.

Hello. I am new here. My dad passed away a few weeks ago. He has mesothelioma. I also have been caring for my mom for the past nine years (she and my dad were separated) and she has been in the hospital battling pneumonia since three days aftere his funeral. I have been trying to handle all of the affairs but my dad does have a will so everything is so complicated!!

I feels so overwhelmingly lost.....l.feel like I not getting anywhere with a thing. My mom isn't getting better. And I have moments where all I can think is "I want to call my dad" and I just start sobbing.

I feel like I can't function even though I know I need to!

• Members

Hello Hannah. I stumbled upon this website and your entry jumped out at me because my dad recently died of mesothelioma. I'm a few weeks in but it's excruciating. My mom developed a lung infection on the day of the funeral and they gave her antibiotics so she seems a little better health wise now. I live out of state and I've been at my parents house for a couple of months. Helped my mom when my dad transitioned to hospice at home. He died 5 days later and those days were absolute hell on earth. I wanted to know how you're doing with everything now that some time has passed? I'd like to know more about your experience if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

Archived