8 replies to this topic

#1 Michaelw

Michaelw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Loss Type:daughter

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

Thanks everyone for your notes, I appreciate all of them. For awhile it seemed like my family was all alone in this terrible journey. Now I know that we are not.

Mike

#2 Michaelw

Michaelw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

Hello Mike

Welcome to this wonderful warm compsssionate place. I lost my only son , Stephen 3 years ago and this site and the people here helped to keep me sane and safe. You will be heard and your pain accepted.

I am so sorry for the loss of your very precious daughter, Holly. When you can please post a picture of Holly and tell us more about her.

I am sorrry that you need to be here but know you are welcomed

Thank you for your note. This is all so very raw, somehow we will get through it.
Mike

#3 ModKonnie

ModKonnie

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,561 posts
  • Loss Type:Father, Brother

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:06 AM

Hi All,
I am fairly new to the site and have been sitting on the sidelines since I joined. My wife and I lost our daughter Holly (age 25) to a rare form of sarcoma this past April. She left us a beautiful granddaughter Leila (15 months old) whom we obviosly cherish. We also have another daughter Jessi who is currently in graduate school for physical therapy. As a family we are trying to cope with this as best we can on a day to day basis. Obviosly at times, it is very overwhelming.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Welcome to our wonderfully warm and supportive community. I am so very sorry about the loss of your precious Holly. You will find here much encouragement, support and sage advice for traveling through this grief journey.
ModKonnie

#4 hotrod

hotrod

Hotrod'sMom Betty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Loss Type:My Wonderful, Only Child, Stephen
  • Angel Date:3- 4 1966--5- 6 2007

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hello Mike

Welcome to this wonderful warm compsssionate place. I lost my only son , Stephen 3 years ago and this site and the people here helped to keep me sane and safe. You will be heard and your pain accepted.

I am so sorry for the loss of your very precious daughter, Holly. When you can please post a picture of Holly and tell us more about her.

I am sorrry that you need to be here but know you are welcomed
BETTY/STEPHEN'SMOM

GOD BROKE OUR HEARTS TO PROVE HE ONLY TAKES THE BEST

#5 aim630

aim630

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Loss Type:loss of daughter Ashley 11-26-86 to 2-9-10
  • Angel Date:2-9-10

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

Mike,

I am sorry you have a reason to be here, but this site has been an absolute lifesaver for me. My 23 yr old daughter Ashley died in February of this year from complications of H1N1, after having been in a medically induced coma for much of the previous 3 months.

I did not realize how much I depend on this site for comfort and understanding, until I couldn't get on it for the past 3 days. Although I don't post everyday, I read the other posts almost every day. Please join the Loss of An Adult Child board, and tell us about Holly and your granddaughter.

I hope you can find some comfort and a little bit of peace at this difficult time of year through the words of the others on this site.

Amy/Ashley's mom

#6 mikesmomrs

mikesmomrs

Mikesmomrs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Loss Type:My only son, Mike, when he was 31, from brain cancer
  • Angel Date:8/20/75-10/14/06

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi Mike: I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious daughter, Holly. I wish that there never had to be a site like this, but it is definitely the place to come for those who need support, comfort and understanding on this terrible journey of learning to live without our child physically in our lives. I lost my son, Mike, at the age of 31, on Oct 14, 2006, to brain cancer. Mike left behind 3 young boys, who are now 14, 13 and 6. We do spend a lot of time with them, which of course is a blessing. I am glad that you have your little granddaughter, Leila (what a beautiful name), and your daughter Jessi. Please join us on Loss of Adult Child...you will find understanding and comfort there...we are at all stages of this journey, new, been here a while, and been here for a long while, but the end result is the same...we are a family and we truly understand what each of us is going through. Hope to see you there.
love and peace,
carol mikesmomrs
Carol Mikesmomrs "You can't die because I do, mom."

#7 Westley's Mom

Westley's Mom

Westley's Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationSouthside, TN
  • Loss Type:Lost 20 year old only son
  • Angel Date:01/13/2010

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Mike-I'm so sorry for your loss. My son Westley died in January of this year right before what would have been his 21st birthday. It is still hard for me to say that. He was not married and had no children, but I have a daughter and a 2 1/2 year old granddaughter and my son in law. It has been very hard to put on a happy face for the holidays, but I don't want to spoil their holidays. Please join the thread Loss of Adult Child and tell us about Holly. I have been coming here since June and it has helped me so much to find others who know what I"m going through. It is overwhelming and I for one just want the holidays to be over with. Again, I'm so sorry for the reason you are here, but glad you have found us. Peace and hugs to you and your family

Rhonda Westley's Mom

#8 shellyku

shellyku

Sarah's Brokenhearted Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Loss Type:Loss of an adult daughter
  • Angel Date:August 18, 2010

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

Hi Mike! I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. My daughter passed away
August 18 of this year from leukemia. How are you and your wife coping? And your other
daughter, how is she? We are of course devastated and I personally don't think I'm coping
very well. I mean, how can you wrap your mind around this? My name is Shelly and I usually
go into the Loss of an Adult Child thread on this website. If you visit there, you will be
overwhelmed with the wonderful people who are so caring and who've obviously also
lost an adult child. Would love to hear back from you and share this journey we find
ourselves on. Peace to you and your family, Mike. By the way, I go under the name of
shellyku.

#9 Michaelw

Michaelw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Hi All,
I am fairly new to the site and have been sitting on the sidelines since I joined. My wife and I lost our daughter Holly (age 25) to a rare form of sarcoma this past April. She left us a beautiful granddaughter Leila (15 months old) whom we obviosly cherish. We also have another daughter Jessi who is currently in graduate school for physical therapy. As a family we are trying to cope with this as best we can on a day to day basis. Obviosly at times, it is very overwhelming.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users